1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Update Shutdown during installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scorpiobuzz, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scorpiobuzz

scorpiobuzz Thread Starter

Alright, a client of mine was downloading SP3 on her office machine and decided it was taking too long and shut it down. Then she tried to restart chose "last known good config", it wouldn't start so she shut it down again and then again and then again.It now just loops during startup, I get the loading screen and then a restart. Won't go into safe mode with the message; can not run in safe mode setup is not loaded.I have run the following for solutions:chkdsk /rfixmbrfixbootLoaded a repair of xp (second screen choice where it copies all new files, etc.)What should I do?

2. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Do you have a system backup of the clients computer, I suggest doing a system restore to a previous date before she installed XP SP3.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

4. scorpiobuzz

I have slaved the clients hard drive into my machine and it actually looks like everything is there. Is there a way to do a system restore point while it is slaved?

5. scorpiobuzz

Is there a way to do a system restore point as a slave drive being that I can't get to "safe mode".

6. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

There might be, but I have never done it that way.

I'd suggest backup up the end users document and re-image the HDD on the end clients computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752656

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice