XP Updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raybro

Howdy folks... I'm a Win98SE user most of the time, but I have two systems with XP that the owners sorta look to me to keep them up and running. My son has a Dell with XP Home and a friend and neighbor has a custom built with XP Pro. I have updated both systems with the M$ Blaster worm update, so they are safe in that regard. I've done no other M$ updates so far. Both have AV and firewall progs.

The purpose of this post is to solicate recommendations for what other M$ OS updates I should be considering. What I would prefer to do is the same as I've done with my Win98SE updates. Get full downloads from the corporate site and burn them to CD for future use when needed. So what I'd like to do is to compile a list of updates needed. Also would like to hear about any problems encountered with specific M$ updates.

Any input would be mucho appreciated. :D :cool:

I used to pick and choose what updates I installed but recently I've just been installing ALL Service Packs & Critical Updates.

Whatever problems a particular SP or update might give me are nothing compared to getting hit by some worm or virus. And to be honest, I haven't really run into any major problems with any recent XP SPs or updates.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've installed over 50 updates and hotfixes since Windows XP SP1 was released, including several that didn't appear in the Windows updates site. :)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
(Also a Windows XP user)

I take everything they have and my xp pro works flawlessly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online