1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Updates

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by raybro, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Howdy folks... I'm a Win98SE user most of the time, but I have two systems with XP that the owners sorta look to me to keep them up and running. My son has a Dell with XP Home and a friend and neighbor has a custom built with XP Pro. I have updated both systems with the M$ Blaster worm update, so they are safe in that regard. I've done no other M$ updates so far. Both have AV and firewall progs.

The purpose of this post is to solicate recommendations for what other M$ OS updates I should be considering. What I would prefer to do is the same as I've done with my Win98SE updates. Get full downloads from the corporate site and burn them to CD for future use when needed. So what I'd like to do is to compile a list of updates needed. Also would like to hear about any problems encountered with specific M$ updates.

Any input would be mucho appreciated. :D :cool:

2. Rikku

Rikku

I used to pick and choose what updates I installed but recently I've just been installing ALL Service Packs & Critical Updates.

Whatever problems a particular SP or update might give me are nothing compared to getting hit by some worm or virus. And to be honest, I haven't really run into any major problems with any recent XP SPs or updates.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've installed over 50 updates and hotfixes since Windows XP SP1 was released, including several that didn't appear in the Windows updates site. :)

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips
    (Also a Windows XP user)

4. mobo

mobo

I take everything they have and my xp pro works flawlessly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice