1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp upgrade and sound dont work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jojomo, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jojomo

jojomo Thread Starter

I have an e-machine 400i . everything is factory except for an extra 128 mb ram. this machine has onboard sound . I cannot find drivers to support the sound in xp os. any help will be appreciated. silence is golden???

2. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

Do a little more research next time. Remember that www.google.com is your friend! Hehe. I find everything there. That's how I found this site for you. Check it out and maybe it will help you out some. Hope it helps!

http://www.e4all.info/

3. jojomo

jojomo Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, I guess I should have posted that I had been to Google and many other sites. The E-machine site doesn't list the 400i. The site you sent me to(which I also found before and searched ), says use the drivers in xp(they do not work). The cs4280 drivers work in all but xp. If I cant find a fix for this I am going to put an xp compatible sound card and drivers in the machine, but I will have to remove the modem (only 2 pci slots) 1 ethernet card and 1 modem.

4. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

Hehe sorry about that, I didn't know you went to search sites already! Have you tried http://www.driverguide.com/indexddc.htm , yet? I heard they have tons and tons of tons of drives. I don't think it costs anything to join up, kinda like this site, but I have heard it has helped many people who can't find drivers any where else. Good luck! Oh and if you just can't find them and do install a new sound card, make sure you go into BIOS and disable on board sound so you don't have any conflictions with your PC. You can go into BIOS by reading when you computer boots up. It's usually something like the F1 key or DEL key. Make sure you disable it there though before installing the new sound card!

5. jojomo

jojomo Thread Starter

again you give excellent advice . that I have allready tried and or done. I am an A+ certified technician and I spent 2 hours on this thing (for a friend ) you know how that goes.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!