XP upgrade report

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Buddy21972

ok, i just wanna know if anyone out there can tell me if it is ok to press ok if the xp installation says that a ton of stuff might not be compatable?

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I recently had a friend who was informed that their video card, cd-writer, and dvd wasn't compatible... after one of the reboots during installation, XP gave a stop error. I couldn't figure it out (he was out of town) so he called Microsoft and was informed that when it gets to that stage, setup can't be cancelled and won't continue with his hardware... had to re-install Windows 2000.

So, I'd say: no... see if you can find the new drivers for the devices not compatible. If there are a lot of them, maybe you're better off not upgrading.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online