XP User Account Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coffmx

I recently "tidied up" my computer, updating various softwares, scanning etc. I also ran the Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmentation programmes. However after doing both of these 3 of the 4 user accounts on my computer no longer seem to be working. Mine (the one from which I ran the cleanup etc) is fine but the other 3 don't seem to recognise that they are there. Through the Control Panel it still says there enabled but when trying to logon under them some pop-up comes up and although it does eventually logon on it seems to have reverted to the setting for a new user account (or guest), not remembering anything about the accounts. Dont think the defrag caused this (all accounts worked normally before I did these two things)...but perhaps I "cleaned up" something I shouldn't have! Is there anyway I can find out what's going on / restore it? Of course I could probably delete/recreate the accounts but would have thought id lose all bookmarks etc and importantly 3 itunes libraries! Any help is much appreciated. Hope i've explained this adequately enough.

TerryNet

Terry
Assuming C is your hard drive, what folders with User Account names are in C:\Documents and Settings? Are the desired files in those folders somewhere?

If not, you'll probably have to restore from your latest backup copies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online