1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP User Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mezza, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mezza

Mezza Thread Starter

Hi,
    Does anyone know about XP user accounts and how I can have a gaming account that only loads what I don't need from my main account i.e. virus scanner, firewall, speedfan etc...?

Did a fourm search here and couldn't find what I needed, so apologies in advance if this is already covered - a link or keyword would be appreciated... I can dual boot as my OS is on this desktop and my lappy, and it won't let me install another instance of the OS :-( - I think another account is the only solution, just most programs start globally in either profile or not at all... hmmm

Thanks for any help
    M

2. Binary_Wolf

Binary_Wolf

Hiyas

I believe what you're looking for would be under the policy settings. I'm not too familiar with that side of things just yet, so all i can do is try and point you in the right direction. With the policy settings you should be able to have a general account that has all the anti-virus stuff running, and under the gamming account you should be able to restrict access to those programs you don't want. Perhaps someone here could give you a step by step howto on the policy edito.

Regards
    BW

3. Mezza

Mezza Thread Starter

Thanks very much - I have something to google at least.

Cheers
    M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!