Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xp User Accts Problem!!!

605 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PaulV 
#1 ·
HELP ME!

I just bought a brand new Sony Vaio and it has Windows XP installed on it. Well it was the one on display in Circuit City so I got it, it was the last one so I had to take it from the display. Well it had this annoying little gay startup demo program that came up everytime I booted no matter what user I booted up in. I found it and clicked uninstall. Well when I did that IT DELETED THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT!!!! Now all thats left is "Guest" and I need to get the damn Administrator account back. Reformatting and reinstalling is -NOT- an option as my laptop did not come with any backup/restore cd's. HELP PLEASE!!!

CASEY
Waiting... Impatiently.

#2 ·
Hi CaseyC,

Well, the good news is you cannot delete the guest or Administrator accounts on XP. I am assuming that you see the welcome screen. Press Control,Alt, Delete twice and that will bring you to an NT log-in. Type in
"Administrator"
and then the password.

That should work

Paul V

#3 ·
Paul,

I did that already, and guess what. No such account :) Administrator is gone. Completely. Guest is the only account left on the machine. I didn't delete it. The damn program did. I don't know how, but it did. And now its gone. Any other suggestions?

Casey

#4 ·
CaseyC,

I'm stumped, all the text books and information I've seen indicate that the Admin account cannot be removed. Any chance the guest account has admin priviledges? The only other thing I can think of, Is contact sony and get a restore CD.

Paul V

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.