XP USER Can't Access Internet Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tina3913

I have 2 desktops and a laptop accessing a wireless Motorola modem using roadrunner broadband. My desktop/Vista and laptop/Windows 7 are working fine. My older desktop with XP has a wireless card and shows that the wireless is connected with great signal strength but won't access Internet Explorer. I keep getting an error message. I have tried re-setting up the wireless and shutting down the machine ,etc. I have seen a few older posts that suggest downloading some software, etc. but since I can't access the internet on this computer I don't know how I can download software or etc. to fix. Can anyone help me?

TerryNet

Terry
Use another computer to download IE8. Copy it to the XP machine using removable media (USB flash drive, CD-RW, etc.). Install it and see if you can access it then.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online