XP User Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MyName

I am having problems with my Windows XP logon. I would like how most people can just boot into the environment when they turn on their computer. However mine goes into a user prompt where I have to enter my name, without a password. I know to go to the Control Panel where I can change it from a classic logon to the Welcome screen. By the way, if I switch to the Welcome screen, the computer freezes when it says Windows XP is loading (I think that is the message). So how can I get it to where when I turn the computer on, it will boot into Windows without prompting me. My account is the only one on the computer by the way. Thanks as always.

Go to the run command and type control userpasswords2. Uncheck the box that says Users must enter a user name and password.

karbo

Banned
Tweak UI is the solution as Elvandil says. I recently installed a Windows XP update (Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1) and it caused the problem you mentionned. Now eveything is ok with Tweak UI.

karbo

Banned
Lance1, I tried what you said. It opens the window controlling the exact application TweakUI does. The problem that when I do it your way, it asks me for a password. What password does it want ? When I put one in and restart my computer, it just freezes before Windows appears. I had to restart in safe mode and undo what I had done. For me, it only works with Tweak UI.

If you have no password, leave the password box blank. Does it work that way? (Maybe you don't even want to try it since your problem is solved :D)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts