1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP user profile corrupted

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ~Candy~, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator Thread Starter

Working on another computer.......thought I had the problem fixed yesterday. User number 1 could save documents, but when the computer is restarted, the document could not be found. User number 2 has no problems saving and retrieving documents.

Deleted user number 1, then recreated another user, and all seemed fine yesterday. Today, I'm being notified of the same problem.

They have Norton, but I'm sure it's not updated, so I guess a scan would be worthless. They usually only scan images via scanner or one user from another computer creates cds and copies them to the system that way, so of course, the images, files, etc. on the burnt cds could be a culprit.

Ideas? I don't have the computer at the moment, but I will probably get it in the next day or so, so I want to have some ideas.

Also, I did not do the actual work myself, I walked them thru it over the phone with my limited XP experience ;) There was a choice to save archives (I believe that is what they said, it's in Spanish) and they did. Perhaps when a user is deleted is best not to save? I've never run my XP system with multiple users.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice