1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP & user rights!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Koondaddy, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

I don't know much about granting certain user rights in XP but what I do know....is that NT was way much better at assigning user rights. I hope there is something I am missing tho.

I have set up a desktop for my kids, BUT you can only set them to either Administrator rights, or limited. I want them to be ble to install games if the want to....but as it was, I had to grant them admin rights just to install programs. Is there a simple way to grant that? I had TweakUI and that didn't help me...... How do you add or subtrack certain rights to a user, or can you?

Thanks!

2. Newman_pn

Newman_pn

Choose Start, Settings, Control Panel, and Administrative Tools,

In there is something called local security policy, you can customise to your hearts content.

Good Luck!!

3. Koondaddy

Koondaddy Thread Starter

Thank you, I'll play around with that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!