XP Video Controller Driver problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Honeyman

I have a friends computer that recently crashed. It is a Sony Viao PCG-R505GL Laptop. I actually got Windows XP to load without doing a reformat or repair, but the Video Controllers have an exclamation beside them. I guess that is why the screen is only about half the size of the monitor. I deleted them out to see if Windows would recognize them on restart, which it did not. I went to the Intel website and downloaded the 82830M Graphics Controller Driver and told the computer which driver to select. It recognizes the driver and while loading it gives me a "cannot install this hardware" error. It says the I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an appication request. I also went to the Sony website and downloaded the original driver and it does the same thing. Is there anyway to get these drivers installed? I had an IDE problem with another computer not recognizing a CD and was able to go into regedit and delete a line that had NOIDE in it for the system to recognize the IDE Controller upon restart. I had manually deleted the IDE controller and it would not recognize it until I went in and removed the NOIDE line. Is there some type of fix in regedit for the Video Controller too? Would you recommend doing a reformat and starting from scratch? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online