1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp virus problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jyoti1313, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jyoti1313

jyoti1313 Thread Starter

i have intel p4 pc.i formatted it.when i connect broadband IE works fine for the first time but then IE got corrputed.i format all drive and install a fresh xp.after it i installed LAN CARD DRIVER from a cd.But again IE worked only one time then again corrupted.Now i tried to install avast ,avira,avg ,kasperasy but none of them got installed.There is no data in my xp.plz tell How to overcome this ?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What does "IE got corrupted" mean? Describe exactly what happens when you open Internet Explorer.

Why can't you install any software? Again, describe exactly what happens.

3. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

Can you tell us What make and model PC you are using aslo which versions of windows you are running and is it ie 7? 8? and like DoubleHelix asked by corrupted do you mean it crashed and before IE stopped working were you able to browse before it crashed?

4. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

My guess is that when he is clicking on Internet Explorer it works the first time but then it becomes a file not found from the start menu. This is typical from some malware after it has been removed.

Go into your Control Panel and click on Internet Options. Click on Advanced. Click on Restore Defaults. Click Apply. Go back to the General tab and click on Delete. Click Apply. Click OK until you're back to your desktop.

Now, right click on the start menu icon and click on Properties. Click the Start Menu tab and click Customize. Inside of this menu, next to Internet (make sure internet is checked), choose Internet Explorer. (Please tell me if there are two internet explorer's listed here, that means one if false (malware) and one is the real IE). Click Apply and OK until you're back to the desktop.

Now, test the IT icon on your start menu. If it still doesn't work and there WAS two options from above, go back in and select the other one and test.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If it's a malware problem, then there's a much bigger issue if the problem is reoccurring immediately following a full, clean reinstall of Windows.

6. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

We don't have much to work on yet so lets make this a network/malware thread lol

7. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

jyoti1313

Please go to our Virus/Malware Removal forum and read the first Sticky thread at the very top > Title:

Sticky: Everyone MUST read this BEFORE posting for help in this forum

http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

I'll be Closing this thread. We should look for malware to rule that out. Can RE-open this later, but you may need to PM me or any other Moderator to do so, OK?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice