1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP - Vitual Memory Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by graz0, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. graz0

graz0 Thread Starter

Well hpoefully someone can help out here...interesting problem for those who like a tough one:

I upgraded from win2k to XP just fine...have only 1 issue upon startup I get a message saying no virtual cache has been setup on my hard drive - and looking into my control panel I can see this is the case - 0 Mb allocated despite the entry of min/max set to 800mb! Well in the registry under memory management I see the right key set for the 800 Mb min/max paging files but why is there none actually set?
    MS Technet site under 2k issues suggested setting the values fro min/max for zero mb rebooting then reset and reboot...but hey this does not work.

Any ideas where else to look in my registry?
    Go on ....mail me you if you can find more info - I may issue a prize to the first to solve this one.

Graz0

2. Dan O

Dan O

Cache is managed by the Cache Manager. What the status of your Cache Manager? Also chech the Event Log for problems reported for the Cache Manager, and post them here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice