1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp vs video still capture via 1394

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richard sack, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richard sack

richard sack Thread Starter

hi I'm a new member & would be grateful for some help
    For 4 years I had a perfectly working video still capture system using Win 98/Panasonic 3ccd video camera/Radius PhotoDV (which included IEEE1394 firewire card (texas instruments), adobe Photoshop 4.0LE and PhotoDV). This year I upgraded to Millenium without problems. This system was then stolen. A new computer with Millenium, new 3ccd video camera, Sony 900, was bought as Panasonic was unobtainable. A sleepless weekend on the net and I discovered Radius no longer existed, taken over by Digital Origin, who were bought out by Media 100. Luckily Media 100 were selling IntroDV which included IEEE1394 firewire card (texas instruments), adobe Photoshop deluxe LE and PhotoDV. A purchase over the net & 3 days later via Fed Exp I installed everything, although I hated the look/feel of Photoshop deluxe compared to the clean look of 4.0 LE. So I moved the PhotoDV plugin from Photoshop deluxe to 4.0 LE and binned Photoshop deluxe. This system worked perfectly for 2 months. Then it didn't. My computer man decided the problem was Millenium which he hated and installed Windows xp professional. Now my problems started. No amount of installing, uninstalling or reinstalling of PhotoDV seemed to work. I checked the firewire and according to xp it worked fine. However I couldn't verify this as I was unable to find it under device manager. ??? xp's crappy low res still capture worked fine but although both photoshop and PhotoDV import programs launched I was unable to get a picture on the screen. Any ideas???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice