1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Web Browser Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rossinine, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossinine

rossinine Thread Starter

I am reloading a 4 yr. old HP Laptop. Model Presario V6000. The Operating system is XP Home Media Edition. My difficulty is keeping a web browser open, as I am trying to download drivers. The OS seems to have loaded fine, and I was able to get Nic driver and wireless drivers loaded. But now I continue to get Microsoft errors, and or IE errors. So I decided to download Firefox, thinking it was an IE issue. But I cannot keep that open either, for any length of time. IE sporadically stays open for minutes, and or long enough obviously, to download Firefox and a few drivers. But both continue to crash. I suspect something running in services, but I am not experienced enough to know exaclty which ones could be causing the issue.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Does the Event Viewer in Control Panel>Administrative Tools show any information about the IE crashes?

Have you brought the system up to date, including SP3 and about 96 subsequent patches? If not, it might be better to leave the outstanding drivers until that's finished.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice