1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp what is going on help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by slower, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slower

slower Thread Starter

installed 2 times repaired once....on clean new dive....when i repaired it said there was unsupported 8mg drive, plus c: with xp....u could delete c: or format it and run setup...u could not delete 8mg drive... i deleted c: and went on 2 format the 8mg that was left of 40gb drive....it formated the whole drive less the 8mg. after install 1st setup nortons firewall & av then updated them. went on to update xp but downloads keep freezing...eventually get all of them in small downloads apart from directx90b. next day try try 4 directx9 but keep geting error
    0x800......f ive tried at least 30 sugestions on correcting this but none of them work......ive also had help from virus living in 8mg section to get rid of 8mg drive as xp wont work right until i do. i cant send mail it says time out but all settings r alright i can recieve mail & get on net but so slow. tried new nero to copy downloads ,it says infected cant use, but it accepted someones cracked version i borrowed. had 2 online scans + my own both neg. ive think ive given up the repair, tried fdisk not work, how can i format my drive,all of it i mean...please no partition magic!
    im a bricklayer guys so please be gentle. this mail box is on my brothers comp....thanks ...all the best ....slower

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

The 8 MB drive is your Master Boot Record, there's no way to get rid of it, but I can'te remember how to get rid of MBR viruses.

3. slower

slower Thread Starter

do u think thats what ive got a MBR virus, if so how do they usually get in as ive been fairly cautious with blocking gear, and (i expect theres a simple answer 2 this) y dont it show up in scans

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice