xp...will not boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gr8plumr

I did a fresh install of xp pro about amonth ago. OEM, before the release. I had been running ME-PEEEEUUU. I love XP It has been running great.
I haven't installed any hardware or software in several weeks. Everything was working fine. I came home and the screen saver was frozen, I did a hard reboot. I got a error mes. saying that the Windows\system32\config\system file was corrupted or missing.
I can not boot now. It ll dump into the safe mode screen but as soon as I hit a key the screen freezes (only on Start Windows Normally) When I try to start in any of the Safe Modes It hangs on the line Mup.sys When I try to boot from the CD it just says to boot from safe mode....which doesn't work ! I've tried to use repair mode off the cd but I cant find anything that would seem to help.
I've tried all I can think of. If anyone knows of a good site to learn some of these error codes, or how to use repair off the CD would help.
Asus A7v
1.1anthlon
256 mgs 133
radeon ati 32 ddr
sound blaster live

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online