1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP will not load in any mode

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bromasser, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bromasser

Bromasser Thread Starter

Nov 12, 2008
    I have a Compaq V5209US that just abrubtly stopped working when my 3 year old closed it. When I opened it it seemed to be in hibernate. The log screen will load asking if i want to go in to safe mode, previous known, or normal. Reguardless of my option it starts all over with the same options. I have replaced the HD and have attempted to reinstall back to factory. I got a message that installation is successful but continue to get same message. A few times Safe mode would load partially and would tell me that windows is not fully installed please run set up again. I also have my display load 6 compressed images of the screen almost every other time. When I go into the bios screen everything seems to check out I have done a hd scan and it passed. Memory modules are being recognized.:confused: any help would be appreciated. I have tried to do PC recovery from both previously made CDs as well as from back up
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768596