XP Window control

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cthusker

I have one computer running XP pro at work that is driving me crazy. The mouse pointer automatically highlights indiviual open windows. Now that's not to bad except when you move the mouse to the other window it immediately hides the 2nd program you have open behind the first one opened. Not so bad when programs are minimized but when the first program is full screen open the 2nd program is immediately hidden behind the first one when you move the mouse off of it.

This happens the second you move the mouse from the 2nd open window back to first. If you have them minimized moving the pointer between the 2 open windows AUTOMATICALLY switches between all the open programs. You don't have to click the mouse or anything else.. just move it and it's automatically switched between the open windows!

However when that happens the 2nd program is now moved BEHIND the first open program!! None of the other computer do this and all run XP pro... I've tried every freaken mouse setting and nothing helps. Everything else on the computer works fine....

Does anyone know if this is an XP feature that can be turned off? Anything else that might cause this to happen? Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Cthusker, Basically you have a program set to do this;
Activate window mouse over, TweakUI XP maybe, tune-up utilities also does it,
Here is the search I did and you should be able to find the answers in the first few links based on what software is installed;
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=tweakui+xp+active+window+mouse+over&spell=1
I don’t have TweakUI installed or I would tell you how to disable it.
I do have Tune up utilities installed, so if that is the one you have let me know and I will walk you through it but I would think it is probably TweakUI so just let us know if you still can't figure it out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online