1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP with no keyboard or mouse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by govierr, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. govierr

govierr Thread Starter

I have a touch screen on my PC and want to be able to boot XP without the keyboard or mouse connected. Is it possible to first, disable the keyboard and mouse in the BIOS and then disable them under XP?

Thanks Richard

2. anthony04

anthony04

in xp try right click my computer then click manage then find the device manager click that you will notice all devices on the pc click on keyboard uninstall and then the mouse uninstall.

3. grimreapor

grimreapor

be warned if win xp cant reconise touch screen during boot up then if anything goes wrong youll wont be able to click on things to choose etc youll be stuck.

i sugguest you should tust unplug them and set your touch screen as default im mouse options in control panel :eek:

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I install systems for factory automation without a keyboard or mouse, so I'm sure it's possible. I install UltraVNC to allow remote control of the system, and we have USB keyboards and mice to pack around if we really want to tinker locally. Works just fine...

5. crunchie1988

crunchie1988 It's My Birthday!

lol touch screens are cool. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/247517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice