1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't boot sings...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mommy2too, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mommy2too

mommy2too Thread Starter

It started when I tried to install my scanner, a Vissioneer 7600. Everytime I tried to use a CD or DVD it locked up. ctrl alt delete won't work, had to push power to shut off and restart. I went to add/remove programs to take off the scanner and couldn't find it. Now it won't boot at all, just sings this high pitched continous sound. Also, when it was working, I couldn't get anywhere online. All I get is "page cannot be displayed".

2. Dan O

Dan O

Perform a System Restore from Safe Mode selecting a date before you install the scanner.

When powering on the PC depress F8 after the hardware is listed to access the Boot menu so you can access Safe Mode.

3. mommy2too

mommy2too Thread Starter

Will I loose all the stuff I've done since then?

4. mommy2too

mommy2too Thread Starter

Also, I can't even get that far, it sings, and all I have is a black screen.

5. Dan O

Dan O

A System Restore does not affect data, it just restores the Windows settings.

Have you powered down the PC for serveral minutes and tried again?

If so and it is still singing then most likely your hard drive has gone bad. Try booting the PC with a MS-DOS or Windows 98 boot diskette to see if the problem is maybe a power supply problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice