XP Won't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herbie

I just got my computer back from the shop where I had a new hard drive installed and the win XP operating system installed.. While setting up my computer I noticed that msm messenger was loading in the lower rt. corner of the task bar.... I then went to the startup tab in MSCONFIG and tried to delete it, but now when i reboot the computer it just goes to the bios screen, and if i don't do anything it then reboots, over and over.... If is tell it to start up from the last suscessful startup, it will start normally, but then again if i turn the computer off or reboot it goes into the loop again.......Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how i can get it to boot normally? .... thanks ..... Herbie

Reload the Last Known Good again and this time go back into msconfig / startup and recheck the app’s that you uncheck and see if that helps.

Herbie

I did try to do that but i found that msn messenger was back in there, checked just like before......but it still loops on bootup unless i hilite last sucessful startup.......thanks anyway.....

Herbie

I just now uninstalled my norton anti virus program from my computer, and now xp boots up perfectly every time...... imagine that..... Herbie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.