1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't browse/ping

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rb_ga, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rb_ga

rb_ga Thread Starter

Im settin up a new laptop and have installed a wireless card. I get the correct ip dns etc which I see in the status and ipconfig /all, but browsing is not available. If I plug a net cable into it I surf/ping just fine. I am sure there's some security settigns in XP Pro that I havent figured out yet and would appreciate any help.

2. plejon

plejon

If you have both a wireless and wired network card in your PC, I would try deactivating the wired card.

Maybe windows if trying to access the internet through the wired card, wich isn't connected to a cable at the time.

3. albundy

albundy

I have the opposite problem. After installing the software (Mobile connection manager and Fourelle Venturi) for a Verizon wireless network card, the computer will not connect to the Internet through my LAN. The LAN connection has been tested to be working and the 2 other computers on the LAN have no problems. The icon is blinking and the connection status in enabled. I have heard that this is a known problem with XP but have not found a solution. Any ideas would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/137007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice