1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't connect to "n" networks

Discussion in 'Networking' started by matthew3332, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthew3332

matthew3332 Thread Starter

I have 3 computers running XP, one running Windows 7 and 3 smart phones all connecting to a Netgear JWNR2000v1 Wireless- N 300 Router. All of them connected fine until about a month ago the XP machines all started having problems, until finally none of them would connect or could even detect the router at all. The smart phones and Windows 7 computer have never had a single problem connecting. My daughter has tried to use one of the XP machines at some coffee shops with no success, I assume they are "N" networks. I pulled out an old "G" router and they can all connect to that one without a problem. The XP machines are all different, one Compaq, one Dell, and one Toshiba. None of them have any detectable viruses, using Eset and Windows Security Essentials. Any ideas?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I started your own thread here, as you did not seem to be offering help in that other thread.

For one of the problem PCs ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
    (For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice