1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't download from updates to pic in e-mails

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by otoekat, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. otoekat

otoekat Thread Starter

I have a Xp that was repaired. It was running fine, but i was browsing updates and on the microsoft site, it siad there were 6 security updates that needed to be installed. Like a dummie i proceeded to have them installed. This complete changed my computer. i could not get the restore to work and it would not go back. i then went to uninstall and found the updates with the correct time and date and uninstalled them ,but it made everthing go crazy.
    now i have "old" versions of the home page, my yahoo e-mail is nothing like it previously was, with a box to check to delete, etc. now it is single view and has a line through the words. i can read them, but no color or none of the version that was on before.
    I cannot download almost anything, even the scan at the beginning of this site.
    I cannot access internet options. I click the icon, but nothing happens.
    I cannot download pictures or music msgs in my e-mails/
    I cannot bering up bigger print size to see the page better.
    The computer shows version 8?? now.
    when i had it repaired, the person cleaned the harddrive completely and reinstalled everthing. after those 6 updates, my computer is ruined and i cannot afford $150 to get it repaid.
    I hope that some of these problemx can be fixed someway. Everyone says to delete cookies, but i can't access that.
    Please help..

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Well can you do a system restore point back to where the PC was functioning ok?

3. otoekat

otoekat Thread Starter

thank you for trying, but i did a restore to an earlier date, but still can't download or access internet options. How can i delete cookies?

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

5. otoekat

otoekat Thread Starter

hey bicycle bill: thanks for the info., but nothing seems to work. i reset my computer, but it still does not work. outside of having to take it in for repairs, is there anything else i can do?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Your first post says that System Restore didn't work. Then your next post says that you did do a system restore. Now you say you did a "reset". What's that?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!