1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't forget my old network drive password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by missbloom, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missbloom

missbloom Thread Starter

I use a password-protected network drive to save files on my college's network. Last year I was able to connect to it just fine using my network username and password (both of which XP stored for me so that I wouldn't be prompted for them each time I tried to access the drive). My problems started a few months ago, when I changed my network password. Ever since then, every time I try to access this network drive it tells me that I have entered in an incorrect password and must type it in again. Figuring that XP was still trying to use my old password, I disconnected the network drive, restarted my computer, and then reconnected the drive again using my newer password. No luck; XP is still telling me that I'm using an incorrect password and prompts me to reenter it. I reenter the correct password and it always works fine after I do that, but I would like to get it so that it will not prompt me this way every time I try to access the drive. This doesn't seem to have happened on any of the other students' computers, and I'm wondering why mine is having so many problems with this password change.
    Any ideas?

2. [WotS] Apples

[WotS] Apples

I'm no computer expect, but I was just wondering.. Could it be the cookies problem ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!