xp wont go past startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigmatis

i power up my pc to boot up windows from a cd. it boots and downloads all files properly.
after this it reboots like normal then preceeds to do nothing, trying to boot up from cd again. when booting up again it recognizes the files for windows but will not start the actual windows program.

bigmatis said:
i power up my pc to boot up windows from a cd. it boots and downloads all files properly.
after this it reboots like normal then preceeds to do nothing, trying to boot up from cd again. when booting up again it recognizes the files for windows but will not start the actual windows program.
SATA hard drive?

bigmatis

im booting from cd because this is a new computer with no software installed. im building my own pc.

bonk

Banned
Check the Bios and check the boot order and make-sure your HDD is seen and set to First in the order.

bonk

Banned
I think you mean the Bios doesn't see the Hard drive would that be correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online