1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp wont install

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zeromx, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeromx

zeromx Thread Starter

hi,
    i have been using my pc for about 2years now without a re-install but the time came to reinstall xp due to virus and spywares on my pc, ok this is where the problem started. i inserted my copy of windows xp that came with my computer and deleted the parition did a full format for NTFS, and xp did all that usual basic install but then it restarted and comes to the screen where it says "39 minutes" remaining and freezes there, no matter how long i wait, it just hangs there... i tried another copy of windows xp, but still no nothing happens... i tried to reinstall but still same thing happens....

computer specs;
    p4 2.6
    512mb ram
    ati AGP graphics card
    40gb hdd

2. zeromx

zeromx Thread Starter

ok i managed to sort it out, here is how i done it, hope its useful to anyone with the same problem.

do the same process as installing windows xp, but when the computer restarts remove the cd and wait for the dialog to insert the windows XP cd again then eject and insert and should work fine.... ;)

3. proppern

proppern

and it worked perfectly??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice