1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP won't post?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jl514, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jl514

jl514 Thread Starter

A friend of mine is having a problem. Everytime she starts her computer she gets the 'start in safe mode' choices screen, as if she's holding down the safe mode hot key.

The one that says "start winxp normally," "start in safe mode" "start in safe mode w/ command prompt" "start with system restore" or w/e it says exactly (i haven't looked at it yet)

She says no matter which option she chooses, the computer 'restarts' and ends up going back to the 'start in..normal' 'safe' 'etc.' screen. She's stuck in a loop.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

2. jl514

jl514 Thread Starter

bump?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Does she have the option of last good known configuration?

4. jl514

jl514 Thread Starter

I have not been over to look at the computer yet. From what she has told me there is 'a black screen with white text options with safe mode and stuff'

She has also said she has tried using every option but it just brings her back to that page

5. ~Candy~

Do you yourself run XP?

6. jl514

jl514 Thread Starter

Indeed, Thanks for the welcome btw.

7. ~Candy~

Ok, I was just asking as you could reboot, tap F8 and let her know what the options are ;)

8. jl514

jl514 Thread Starter

What the options are are not important. She has tried all of them, and nothing happens, it just brings her back (eventually) to the options screen

9. ~Candy~

Be sure that she tried last good known configuration. If that doesn't work, she probably should do a repair installation.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice