XP won't run games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kecribb

I have some games that at one time ran on my PC but all of a sudden they won't work. What I get is an error that says that the file system dosn't support MS Dos applications. I know that one time they worked fine but now they won't. Any help would be great.

Have they ever worked in WINXP? If not, try right clicking on the shortcut and change the compatibilty of the program.

your games are prolly to old for the win xp system b/c the windows xp and windows 2k i think those are the two but im sure for windows xp they do not base ther os on a MS-DOS like windows 3.1 ME 98 and one other i forgot but if u list the game titles you can go to google and type in the "name of the game" System Req. and if they dont list Windows Xp then it wont play b/c of that reason they dont support MS-DOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online