xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanH

can I do a clean install with the upgrade version of xp. I currently have a licensed 98se on my machine. I phoned future shop and the guy there told me it wouldn't work, but then he wants to sell me the 300 dollar version, if I don't have to spend the extra 100 bucks that would be great.

if you still have your win 98 disk you are ok you can do one of several things 1. just up grade if you want a clean install you can do so during the instalation or do what i did format you hard drive and then put the xp cd in you drive and boat the computer from the cdroom xp is boatable during the install it will say it can not find a qualifling os and to put the 98 or what ever os you have in your cdroom just do so and away the install will go dont lissen to that salesman at the store he is just trying to rip you off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online