1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp2?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by linda_jb, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Hello,

I installed service pack 2 to my XP1 a couple of weeks ago. Made a restore point as it advised to do before installing in case there were any problems and I wanted to go back. I couldn't open some email attachments so restored the computer back. Well, when I restarted it all I had was my wallpaper picture - everything else was gone, no icons, start menu or taskbar.
    Nothing I did helped so I paid an "expert" to get it going again. I wanted my XP1 back but he put XP2 on it.

Now the computer will shut down and restart 3 or 4 times a day and the following is the only message I can find:

C:\programfiles\InternetExplorer\iexplore.exe.c0000005 mshtml (7D4F7A2D)

I really wish I could go back to before I heard about XP2.

Pentium4 2.4
    512MR
    60G :)

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

Hi Linda If you can get to add/remove you should see XP2 there . Just click to have it removed . You might also have a look at this site to see if you have any programs installed that may conflict with SP2. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 If you have any program listed , go to their site and look for an upgrade that may eliminate the problem .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice