1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xpress recover? xp computer help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LizD, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LizD

LizD Thread Starter

What will happen if I press xpress recover? I'm having trouble starting up my computer. I accidently closed something in the task manager box that obviously (obviously now after the fact that is) shouldn't have been closed. My computer restarted and now when it starts up the computer screen displays a menu that I can choose from

Safe mode or start last known working startup or start normally ect... It tells me to use the arrow keys to make my choice but when I use the arrow keys nothing happens.

I pressed F9 on one of the startups and it worked. What is xpress recovery and what will it do to my computer if I press it?

Any help in restoring this computer to normal working mode with or without xpress recovery would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

LizD

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    how about giving us some specs on your computer. Is this a laptop or a desk top? Anything that might help us withyour problem

3. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I am a big fan of Gigabyte Mobo's but I would be a lot more comfortable restoring my system to an earlier date using the Windows Restore than using that right now. I might use Xpress Restore as a last resort. This is of course only my own opinion.

5. LizD

LizD Thread Starter

Thankyou for your help. I ended up taking it to a guy in town and his keyboard worked so it was easy for him to fix it, and the good part his fee......."Merry Christmas" that was it, a freebie for Christmas.

Thanks

LizD

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/426303

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice