1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xps 410 Dell computer won't turn on

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bradder, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

My xps 410 Dell computer won't turn on. What happens is I turn it on it says to start normally or startup repairs when I click startup repairs it says it can't fix it. When I start normally gets to the multi-colored flag (windows loading screen) and sits there for about 30 seconds to a minute than it either restarts or goes to a black screen and than it has yellow letters surrounded by a small blue rectangle saying "Out of range" I don't know what to do, but what I do know is that I can boot my computer into safe mode which I'm in right now (safe mode with networking) I've tried looking for solutions but can't find any that work please help and thanks. :confused:

2. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

Please answer :\

3. Lance1

Lance1

Sounds like you have something trying to load and its chocking the system. In safe mode hit start. At the bottom type msconfig click msconfig.exe Click the services tab, check the box "Hide All Microsoft Services" click Disable All Go to the startup tab and Disable All. Apply changes and restart. Post your results.

4. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

I've done this before trying one more time. The info should be up in around 15-20 mins.

5. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

Nothing changed :(

6. Lance1

Lance1

Sorry, I missed this the first time I read your post "Out of range" This means that the video card is requesting a resolution outside the monitors capacity and can't display. Boot using F8 and select "Enable low-resolution video (640x480)" and try and boot from there. If you get into Windows, change the resolution to say 800x600 or 1024x768 Are able to get in?

7. Dell-Kris

Dell-Kris Dell Representative

Hello Bradder,
    My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. I would suggest you to perform a sfc /scannow and see it that helps. For this, Goto Start - type in Search box - COMMAND find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK- RUN AS ADMIN - Type sfc /scannow. A system restore from safe mode is also worth a try.
    If this doesn't help, it may be an operating system corruption. If your restore partition is intact, you should be able to restore your computer's software back to factory settings without using the operating system disk. You can follow the instructions from http://support.dell.com/support/top...=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_347576&isLegacy=true

Regards,
    Dell-Kris K

8. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

Uhmk thanks trying what both of you said but I cant do system restores :\ it says it's turned off and I forgot how to turn it back on:\

9. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

I did this and nothing happened and I also did what krishna said and it said in sfc /scannow "Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable o fix some of them.
    and than it says that details are included in the cbs.log :\

10. Lance1

Lance1

I still think its a display issue. Boot back into safe mode and uninstall the video drivers. Restart the system. Please post results.

Do you have another monitor?

11. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

I don't know how to uninstall drivers :\ any help?

12. Lance1

Lance1

A picture speaks a thousand words! I took this shot in Safe Mode with Networking as that is where you will be.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      102.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

Read post below :(

14. Bradder

Bradder Thread Starter

Wait never mind :\ it reinstalled it and told me to restart computer and now doing it again.

15. Lance1

Lance1

This system came with Vista. Did you upgrade to Windows 7 or did you do a clean install meaning that you blow Vista right off and installed Win7? Do you have the Windows 7 DVD? You can try a Windows 7 Repair Install

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice