1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XPS 700 with Nvidia Geforce 7900 gtx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danmitch1, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

Hey , anyone have a Dell xps 700 with the Nvidia Geforce 7900 gtx graphics card ?

If so have you tried to hook multiple monitors or even noticed that feature in the settings ?

thanks,

Dan .;

2. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

bump :D

Ive downloaded the latetest drivers for this card and im missing features in the display settings for multiple monitors...

anyone else have this problem ?????

Dan./

3. SouthParkXP101

SouthParkXP101 Banned

At work i Have a XPS.... Im not sure it was a 700

Do they have Core 2 Extreme ?

4. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

yeah, they have that in quad core too... over kill really,..

dell isnt helping much with my multiple monitor problem..

so now i tried a third party software called Ultramon .. I shutdown i pluged the s video into my adaptor which goes into those regular video i think they call them rca ?? the red white and yellow .. anyhow i plug that into the back of my tv and change the tv to video mode, now i turn on the pc and try to activate secondary monitors threw Ultramon and no luck :(

maybe its the tv.. so i might get an adaptor to hook up an old 14'' screen i have in the basement but im not sure this is the problem :S

Dan./

5. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

Update....

So i borrowed a tv with an s video input and hooked everything up .
    Guess what !? it works AND the options that i needed appeared (Nview options)
    in my advanced display settings .. But as soon as i disconnected the tv Nview disappeared ...I cant believe that a dell tech couldnt tell me that i need to have a working secondary display inorder for the Nview settings to appear :S

Anyways now i did some testing using this other tv, i tried to hook it up the same way i hooked up my tv (the one without s video in) using my svideo to rca adaptor and the newer tv didnt work either. Soo my conclusion is that my svideo to rca adaptor just doesnt work.

Sooo what my question is now is should i go and buy a new adaptor svideo to rca or is this method of hooking pc to tv actually good ? what other ways can i hook up my pc to this tv ?
    My tv only has the yellow and white rca inputs along with the cable/antenna thing
    Does DVI to rca exist .. i googled it and didnt find anything but DVI to component rca

what about dvi or svideo to cable/antenna ?

Any info would be appreciated !

Dan.

6. danmitch1

danmitch1 Thread Starter

UPDATE agian...

Ok so ive been trying to figure this all out and I think i have a solution I just need someone who knows a bit about this stuff to confirm my findings.

So i connected a tv that had svideo in on it to my pc , the svideo cable i used was a double male svideo with 4 pins on each side , the connection worked no problem.
    So i try my svideo to rca adaptor which is an svideo 7 pin male to an rca female , so i have to take a double male rca connect one end to the adaptor and the other to the tv and that doesnt work.

So after these tests is it safe to say that i need a 4 pin svideo male to an rca male adaptor in order for the pc to tv connection to work ?

thanks for any help! !

Dan.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice