1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp's icon tray

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by white_dog, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. white_dog

white_dog Thread Starter

:confused: how do you remove a program from the icon try on windows XP..

program in my system tray keeps dialing the internet everytime i start my computer.. the program isn't in my startup menu.... checked all *.ini files .. no luck

is there a way to manage my system tray

thanks for the help

2. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

If I understand your question correctly, you are referring to the icons in the taskbar (adjacent to the clock). If this is correct, you should be able to right click an open space on the taskbar and uncheck lock taskbar. This will alow you to right click the offending icon and delete it. You can then go back and lock the taskbar again.

3. white_dog

white_dog Thread Starter

yes the icons by my clock.... i did click on it and delete the icon but when ever i restart my computer it reapears...it's very aggrevating

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

not sure if it works the same as 98 but.

click start\run type msconfig click OK... put a tick in selective startup then click on the startup tab..uncheck what you don't want to run at startup and click apply

hope that helps

buck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice