1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XPSP3 - Bluescreen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xLionHeartx, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xLionHeartx

xLionHeartx Thread Starter

During the installation of the XP SP3, my computer shut off from lack of battery. Upon multiple tries of booting, I repeatedly kept blue screening. I downloaded XP3 again and fully installed it this time. This worked but now I am blue screening again.

I've tried running safe mode and doing a recovery but the administrator turned off the option for my laptop so I was unable to do it. Please help!!!

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

get the machine to boot in safe mode in there at the login window select administrator
    if it don't show i believe a double sequence of ctrl+alt+del will help.

then enter control panel/admin tools/computer management/services check in the services that system restore is enabled.if disabled then right click on the line and click properties then click automatic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice