1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xtasy Nvidia MX 420 64 Meg Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fairbanks, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Thread Starter

If I move my Side Bar up or down too fast and the Icons in a Group like C:\Windows where Take time to refresh my machine will get a weird Video pattern and crash. I have tried different refresh rates, Newest drivers & Testing my machine with Fix It Utilities 4.0 but nothing works. This is a 1.8 Ghz with a 120 GIG and a 17 Gig drive.
    Anyone else have a problem like this???
    Thanks
    Fairbanks

2. MaDKiWi

MaDKiWi

2 things... A: Check for viruses, if you havent already. B: try another vid card. If the same thing happens youll have to C: format. If that fails, then basically the last thing you can do is a bios check to make sure ur bios is fully compatible with the vid card. Although it works ok normally so there shouldnt be a problem. Is it only when you scroll in windows?

3. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Thread Starter

Thank you for the information. Ihave done the Virus scan daily using the F-Protect that they update every 3 of 4 days.. Do not have another video card that will work in this case because my other AGP all turn on the Red Warning light meaning that it is not compatible..
    The card worked since August of 2002 without a problem and now it all of a sudden goes totally Black Screen like the monitor is off but the machine is stil downloading.. Turning the monitor off and on again just keeps the monitor totally black even though the power lights are still on like everything is running normal
    Thanks for the reply
    Fairbanks :confused:

4. MaDKiWi

MaDKiWi

Maybe monitor is fried? Do you play games that have a good frame rate? What is your windows refresh rate set at? Things like that can cause ur monitor to muck up

5. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Thread Starter

THank You for all your help. I will change the monitor out
    Take Care
    Fairbanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/131433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice