1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xxx.dll is missing?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by separate, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. separate

separate Thread Starter

I use xp home edition... I had some problems and I formatted my computer... after that when I restart my computer, I received this error message, system32\xxx.dll is missing... I can't start my computer... than I formatted second time, but same error message is received... whan can I do?

2. grimreapor

grimreapor

go to killdisk.com download the program to floppy and try formatting with that it does a deeper and better job than windows self formatter

follow the web sites advice(get the free one its all you need)

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

It may be a bad or corupt installation disk or bad hard drive. That error is usually associated with applications (at least it was for me). When the application tries to access a dynamic link library and it is corrupt or missing, you can run into that error message durring a lot of programs. However, during boot, I have not seen that. That's what leads me to believe it could be one of the previous mentioned.

4. separate

separate Thread Starter

capslock, I formatted my system,and I reinstalled the xp the fourth, but I have seen same message... I'm sorry for my bad english... this message received me after installation...

5. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Then do as grimreaper says. Completely format the disk to 0's. If you still have the same problem, I'd find a new installation disk. When a disk is made it is composed of 2 pieces of plastic which are covered in adhesive. These pieces are pressed together with the aluminum substance (for lack of a better term). If there are any air bubbles that come into contact with this substance it will corrode it. This will cause errors on the disk. In turn, causing errors on an installation.

6. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

I have to ask the obvious question - You formatted via the install CD and you DID reload the OS?

7. separate

separate Thread Starter

I formatted install CD and I installed with it MFDnSC...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice