1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

yahoo and and outlook outgoing mail issue

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kaaos, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaaos

kaaos Thread Starter

my brother has an issue with sending email with outlook 2003

He used to be a sbc yahoo dsl user but switched to comcast broadband.
    He paid to keep his email account [email protected]

recently he has not been able to send any emails but does receive them.

he got an email from Yahoo asking him to change his outgoing from 25 to port over to port 465( i think it was 465) and also to enable SSL encryption.

so i basically copied the ports and followed all the instructions from the yahoo page the email guided me to. but the same issue applies. incoming is fine out going will not go.

mail address ------------- ----------- Incoming mail server (POP3) -------------------------------- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
    [email protected] ------------ pop.ameritech.yahoo.com ----------------- --------smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com

when i test his settings in outlook tester i get 4 out of the five check marks it says it failed the last one which is the "sending test email"

my only guess is that comcast is blocking his outgoing port.
    or maybe using the comcast outgoing SMTP sever settings?

any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice