yahoo cookies/confusion............

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

solidone

hi
I am having trouble logging in as a Yahoo user. If I put in my name & password it seems to log in my user name and I can get my mail etc. HOWEVER, if I also select the box, to remember ID on this computer, it comes back with a message in red that says
'The browser you're using refuses to sign in(cookies rejected)' and will not sign in. If I try again it then tells me that I am using an 'Invalid Password' What's Up?????????
I have reloaded IE 5.5, loaded IE 6.0 and loaded Windows 98 again, but it still comes up with these infuriating messages.

Try going to tools>options>security tab>custom level>scroll down and enable cookies.

Next suggestion would be too clean. Go to tools>internet options>general tab>clear history>yes>settings>view files>edit>select all>file>delete. This will delete all of your cookies and allow you to start over.

solidone

thanks for suggestion;
won't be seeing computer until nov 14, but I will try getting rid of all the cookies;
incidentally, what effect will this have overall?

solidone

will reply later..........

Nothing other than you will have to sign back in to sies you have an account with. So remember your passwords.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online