Yahoo e-mail account - Password prompt appears everytime I log on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotskates

For some reason Yahoo is asking for my password EVERY time I try to check my e-mail.
I have it set up to only ask for the password every 8 hours, and that was working just fine until a couple of days ago. Now I'm asked for the password every time, even if I log-in every 5 minutes??

I cleared all the temp. files and cookies, ran the usual virus and spyware applications and cleaned out the registry and defragged. Still, I'm getting the password prompt.
I haven't added another Yahoo account, we only have this one. Nor have we added any other e-mail accounts the past week. I can't think of anything that would have caused this to start up.

hotskates

I found a temporary solution that I'm surprised works:

If I use "My Yahoo" to open my e-mail I am never asked for the password. I can click an e-mail letter to read and it opens the e-mail page right up. Go figure??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online