1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo e-mail backup

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by niteman, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me how to backup received Yahoo e-mails? Pls help me.

I want to backup in a CD. :confused:

2. Rockn

Rockn

You can't if you are only using the web based email. You can back up .PST files in Outlook or save a floders.dbx file if you are using them as mail clients for Yahoo.

3. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

I find this unfortunate since, in case i have to reinstall XP Home, I lose all my yahoo e-mails??? No way to back-up those I want to keep in a CD?

4. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

Suggestions, anyone????

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you're only accessing Yahoo! e-mail on the web, then there's nothing to back up. Nothing will be lost if you format your computer.

6. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

How can I backup received mailes from Yhoo?

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you receiving the Yahoo! e-mails using Outlook or Outlook Express? Or do you only access Yahoo! using the web?

8. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

I access Yahoo via the web...

Joe

9. Snoogins

Snoogins

dear niteman
    all web mail messages are saved on yahoo's email servers. theses are accessible from any computer, in other words if you reinstall you will still be able to get those messages becaus they are not save on you machine.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Received e-mails are on Yahoo!'s servers. Nothing is stored on your computer. There's nothing to back up.

11. sekirt

sekirt

They are correct that all your emails are sitting on the net (Yahoo! servers).
    However, if you want to save the text of an email, you can do that.

1) Open the email.
    2) In the lower right side of the page, click Save Message Text
    3) Click Save
    4) Browse to where you want to save it - give it a name that you want and click OK.

sekirt

12. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

Thanks to all of you for your messages. The question I have. Can I save selected messages with their attachments? Pls. Help...

Joe

13. sekirt

sekirt

I guess that depends on your idea of what "saving" means. They won't look like they do on Yahoo.

You can save the text. Then download the attachment and save it. They will be 2 separate files on your hard drive or CD. If I get the drift of your entire thread, the answer is no. Not from Yahoo! Not from probably any web based email.

If you have the skill and the emails you want to save are made up of text and pictures, you could create a HTML file, copying the text and inserting the pictures and storing it on your hard drive/CD in one file together. Or if you have Word, you could do something similar. There is no easy way - as I feel that is what you are asking.

You can read up on getting/using a POP3 account with Outlook or Outlook Express. Or other email client. Run a search using Google. Here is a suggestion for how to word it: pop3 tutorial "windows XP"

If you are still worried about reinstalling XP, rest assured that will not affect your emails sitting over at Yahoo! The worst case, is that Yahoo! will lose them somehow.

sekirt

14. niteman

niteman Thread Starter

Thanks to you and all the others for helping me understand. i am really grateful.

No, I don't have the skills to do any of the steps you suggest so I guess I will have to do without backing them up. Again, thanks...!!! :) :) ;)

15. sekirt

sekirt

(y)

[​IMG]

sekirt

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice