Yahoo email configuration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jfh

I have a minor problem. I run Opera 8.50, and (experimenting with security), I disabled Java and javascript, which resulted in my not being able to access my Yahoo mail accounts. However, I was asked if I wanted to go back to the old style of Yahoo mail. I said yes and it did, indeed, go back to the old Yahoo mail format. I decided later I didn't particularly like it, so I enabled Java and javascript im my browser, but I find that I still have the old look Yahoo mail, and can't figure out how to restore the new one. I did not opt to change one of my three Yahoo accounts, and so retaned the "new look" for that account. Can anyone tell me how get the "new look" back on the other two accounts? (I have signed up to get the beta of the "newest look" Yahoo Mail, but haven't heard from them.) jfh

I just tried logging in to Yahoo with and with out Java and Yahoo automatically changed right back to the new version. Try deleting your cookies. I have it set up in Opera to delete cookies on exit so maybe that is why it's working.

jfh

I also have Opera set to delete cookies on exit, so that must not be the answer.

You try using IE or another browser to see if Yahoo will recognize it and reset it to the new version.

jfh

Thanks, Toyman1952. I went to my Yahoo email addresses in IE, and that seems to have caused Yahoo to recognize me in Opera. Your suggestion worked! JFH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts