1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Geocities

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by charming_mag, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charming_mag

charming_mag Thread Starter

Okay, Im trying to upload my swf and html files for my web site because i updated the page that i am working on. so i deleted the page that i wanted to update which is in html and swf and then i uploaded the new version of it. So when i go to look at the site, its the old site and its not updated. The file name is the site and ive tried to update the html files but nothing worked so i deleted the html and swf files and tried the site again. even though i deleted the site, it still showed up that it was there but i deleted it. I ts not in file manager but it says that its there.. Anybody know how to delete it so i can update it?

2. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

If you have redesigned something and then kept the same filename Geocities has a nasty habit of just using the old file. So if you have a jpeg called fred.jpg and then you change the graphic and upload it with the same name Geocities will show the old version.

I know it's a pain but you will have to just add an 'a' to the end of the filename and relink it in your webpage etc and upload the entire thing again.

3. charming_mag

charming_mag Thread Starter

ive got another problem. Firstly, geocities is not showing up propeerly, one minute the sit eis working, the next is doesn't. and secondly, im trying to upload a 7kb file onto geocities and it takes so long even though i have adsl, it usually takes about 4 or 5 seconds.. anyway after it finished loading the page, it shows the dns error :( anyone know whats wrong? also, when i upload a differnet file, of the same size it works. what da hell

4. Meangean

Meangean

i would use freewebs.com for free web hosting its better than geocities

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice