1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AstroTiger, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroTiger

AstroTiger Thread Starter

Hello, I have encountered a problem, which I have never experienced before to my computer knowledge.

It has been about a month and a half or so since I have dealt with a problem with yahoo, gmail and hotmail. It all started when I couldn't sign into yahoo messenger. I degraded back to an earlier version. It solved that problem. However, when prefer not to sign in to messenger and check my email from my browser alone. It'll connect and then finally bring up a network timeout. It seems like it occurs when I try to access login.yahoo.com or mail.yahoo.com. Well, when I sign into messenger. I have no trouble by clicking on the email symbol in the messenger's interface. I have ran a antivirus scan and such. It seems like it still doesn't clear up my problem. It comes up with things and cleans them. But, I don't believe any of those files are causing this.

It logs me in and after checking my email, I try to log out through the browser. But, it comes back to the network timeout problem.

It has happen to gmail and hotmail too. I have tried the following commands in dos. Which, Someone recommended elsewhere. dnsflush, ip configuration release, renew. I have tried clearing out my cookies and such in internet explorer and mozilla. Both of them can't connect to mail.yahoo.com unless with the help of my messenger. I have researched for blogs and such concerning a problem with yahoo or my internet service provider with no success. I have tried unplugging my router, seeing if it was the cause and plugging myself up directly to the cable modem. I am using Mozilla 2.0, Windows XP Home Edition and I'm on Jetbroadband. I came here for a solution. I did go to a friend's house and found out that he can access yahoo mail perfectly through messenger and browser. So, I would think it's come from my internet service provider or a problem within my home. I have also tried to unplug, restart and set my modem back to it's factory settings. the same with my router.

Thank you and I hope my problem can be resolved here. I appreciate your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice