1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Mail account/login not accepted. Peace of mind needed!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CPUSpeedman07, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPUSpeedman07

CPUSpeedman07 Thread Starter

Hello folks. First time poster here with a strange problem. I hope some of you use yahoo mail beta so you know how this all works. Anyways, I've had my yahoo e-mail address for 5-10 years or so and I use it for absolutely everything including ebay, banking, etc.... Anyways, just last wednesday I changed my password for security reasons.

When I log onto yahoo I always make it so that yahoo remembers my sign-in information for 2 weeks so I don't have to keep logging in as I check my e-mail numerous times throughout the day. Last night I was on my laptop and logged into my yahoo account and my wife needed to sign into her yahoo account so I went ahead and signed out. I'd say 1-2 minutes later after she was done, I attempted to re-sign back in but NO GO. I thought "this can't be I was just signed in a minute ago. Sure enough, no luck. I went in the bedroom and got on my desktop and went to yahoo mail and boom i could access my yahoo mail without a hitch from the cookie remembering my info. I signed out thinking it was just my own typo error, tried to get back in and NOTHING.

At this point I figured I could just go ahead and answer yahoo's security questions regarding my account to reset the password. Everything works just fine until the screen that I'm supposed to enter the answer to my question (What was your first pet's name?). I type in the answer and Internet Explorer goes to a page that says some error message about how I need to diagnose connection problems, etc... I tried this in firefox as well and it just hangs at a blank white screen.

Just to see if yahoo's password reset servers were down I created a new yahoo account, with a new security question. I then went into the forgot password retrieval screen, typed in my answer to the question incorrectly at first (on purpose) and it told me that i had typed the wrong answer. So I promptly went back and typed the correct answer and BOOM it spits out a NEW password for the account. No error messages or anything here. Now why on earth am I not able to do this with my long time email account with yahoo? Should I be worried, or does this sound like it's something on yahoo's end?? I'm thinking it has to do with yahoo because how could I be logged onto yahoo one minute, and a minute later my login is not accepted?

ANY RESPONSES WELCOME!! :( I'm worried sick over this

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice