Yahoo Mail and GMail question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

satpak77

Hey guys

Hope everyone is having a good holiday season...

Does anyone know the maximum number of addresses Yahoo allows in your email address book (free account) ? How about Google GMail?

Furthermore, I was able to determine that Yahoo Mail allows lists of 100 addresses each....thats great, now how many lists max do they allow?

Thanks for the info

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, I have Gmail, it's simply great...I looked all through their Help stuff, nothing there about the number of Contacts.

Sounds like you want to send a very large amount of email--- if it's spam, no help here!(y) If you are sending legitimate mails> sorry for the dig. Someone may know if there is a limit to contacts for Gmail...or, you can simply ask them yourself:

http://mail.google.com/support?hl=en

satpak77

ok thanks, no its not spam, actually I was just wondering as my current email is indeed getting saturated with spam and crap, and I want to start "fresh"

thanks!

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Then Gmail is for you- if you want it. You still have to have someone send you in invitation to Gmail, do you have anyone in mind?

satpak77

yes a guy at work has Gmail and he already sent me an invite

THANKS GUYS!

this is as about as close as i can come to an answer. link where i found it is below. from what i get out of it. it looks like the address book can hold 500+ addys.

Are there limits for sending mail?
Gmail has a number of sending limits in place to prevent abuse of our system, and to help fight spam. If you reach one of Gmail's limits, you'll be temporarily unable to send mail. Common causes include:

1. Sending a message to more than 500 recipients. You can send a single message to a maximum of 500 recipients. Their email addresses can be distributed among the 'To:,' 'Cc:,' and 'Bcc:' fields.
* If you communicate with the same group of people on a regular basis, you might be interested in Google Groups.
2. Sending a large number of undeliverable messages.
* We suggest verifying your contacts' email addresses. Make sure the email addresses you're sending mail to are valid. It's also important that everyone you are sending mail to is willing to receive it. Learn more about best practices for sending a large amount of mail through Gmail.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/...ry=maximum+number+of+addresses&topic=0&type=f

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online