1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Yahoo Mail "Splat"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MacAn McVan, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MacAn McVan

MacAn McVan Thread Starter

I installed Yahoo IM a few days ago - at the request of a freind and inadertantly got a few extras.

How do I turn off that infernal splat that announces each peice of e:mail?

I am an SBC Yahoo customer (phone and DSL) but do not use their web browser or thier mail interface.

TIA

Annette

2. leebee

leebee

go to login ( on the Yahoo instant messenger )and then to preferences and to sounds. You can change your sound from there or uncheck it for no sound.

3. MacAn McVan

Nope that's not the one I'm talking about. This announces e:mail that arrives at my yahoo Mail! Which I have forwarded to my inbox in Outlook. So I suspect the sound turn off is on the Yahoo Mail! site, but I can't for the life of me find it.

4. chunkychick

chunkychick

Try this....

Open your Yahoo Messenger, click on "Preferences", then "Alerts and Sounds", then hi lite "I receive a mail message"

From there you can disable the visual and audible alerts

5. MacAn McVan

Oh Bless you! That's it. Peace reigns again.

Thank you thank you thank you!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/204528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice